Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Samsung Replaces Girls Burned Galaxy S4 Phone

Burned Galaxy S4

After a 13-year-old girl's Samsung Galaxy S4 was completely burned while charging .one night under her pillow, Samsung giving her a new one as a replacement.

A Samsung representative told FOX that the battery in the Galaxy phone was an aftermarket replacement, which could have been part of the problem. The other issue, according to Samsung, was that the phone was being smothered by a pillow, restricting airflow while charging. This is something the manufacturer warns against in the device’s instruction materials.

13 Year Old Samsung Galaxy S4 Owner

Despite the misuse by the young owner, Samsung told FOX and Yahoo Tech that the company will replace the phone, the pillow, and the mattress involved in the accident.

New Samsung Galaxy S4

The representative said “Samsung takes product quality and customer safety very seriously,” We have offered the customer a new device, and we are working to retrieve the product so that we can investigate what happened. We strongly advise all customers follow the guidelines of CTIA for care and handling wireless batteries. Additionally, our user manuals warn customers that phones must have adequate ventilation and airflow and should not be covered with material such as bedding.”

Young Girl’s Samsung Galaxy S4 Burns Under Her Pillow

A 13-year-old North Texas girl awoke to find her Samsung Galaxy S4 smart phone almost burned to ashes while it was being charged under her pillow during the night. The girl decided to plug in her phone to charge before going to sleep, only to be awoken by the smell of something burning hours later.

When she got up and searched around to find the source of the burning smell, she realized that her Galaxy S4 was charging under her pillow. When she removed the pillow and looked under, the phone was fried beyond recognition and the backside of the pillow was scorched by the burning phone.

The girls father told FOX 4 that they were left a bit surprised. He said that he suspects that the phone overheated, causing the battery to swell and start a fire.