Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Samsung Replaces Girls Burned Galaxy S4 Phone

Burned Galaxy S4

After a 13-year-old girl's Samsung Galaxy S4 was completely burned while charging .one night under her pillow, Samsung giving her a new one as a replacement.

A Samsung representative told FOX that the battery in the Galaxy phone was an aftermarket replacement, which could have been part of the problem. The other issue, according to Samsung, was that the phone was being smothered by a pillow, restricting airflow while charging. This is something the manufacturer warns against in the device’s instruction materials.

13 Year Old Samsung Galaxy S4 Owner

Despite the misuse by the young owner, Samsung told FOX and Yahoo Tech that the company will replace the phone, the pillow, and the mattress involved in the accident.

New Samsung Galaxy S4

The representative said “Samsung takes product quality and customer safety very seriously,” We have offered the customer a new device, and we are working to retrieve the product so that we can investigate what happened. We strongly advise all customers follow the guidelines of CTIA for care and handling wireless batteries. Additionally, our user manuals warn customers that phones must have adequate ventilation and airflow and should not be covered with material such as bedding.”

No comments:

Post a Comment